You’re busy. Why should you carve out time in your schedule to write an ebook? What will it really do for your business?
Today’s post is the last in a series about ebook publishing for small business owners.
We’ve talked about how reading habits are changing because so many people own tablet devices now. We’ve covered the three main ebook styles, and how each one grows your business in different ways. And we’ve discussed how ebooks are the fastest way to get your ideas in front of a global audience.
This week, we talk about how ebooks can make you “magic money.” That’s what Susan Daffron and her husband James call the money that’s automatically deposited in their bank account by Amazon every month for work they did many months and years ago.
For a small business owner, any process you can put into place that brings in prospects and customers automatically does feel like magic. And ebooks can make the magic happen for your business.
Susan is an ebook publishing consultant and author at Logical Expressions, Inc. She has focused on non-fiction ebooks over the years, but recently completed her first novel, which she mentions in this 30-minute interview we recorded a few weeks ago.
Listen to discover:
- The advantages of EPUB and PDF ebooks, and how to price and position two different editions of the same material
- Pro tips for converting your ebook successfully to an ereader format
- Why ereader-style ebooks are more like web pages than books
- What’s the best platform to start with if you’re writing your first ereader-style ebook
- Why the best time to write an ebook is right now: the longer your ebook is in an online bookstore, the greater the chance that your sales will multiply over time
Right click (control click on a Mac) to download the interview with Susan Daffron
eBook Evolution features an EPUB Guide and EPUB-ready template so you can dive right in to creating ebooks you can sell on Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Apple’s iBookstore.
It also features custom-designed template “themes” you can use to create gorgeous, richly-designed PDF ebooks. I designed these templates myself, and when you use them you’ll have my 25+ years of publication design experience at your fingertips.