Do you have the sneaking suspicion your website needs a redesign, but you’re not sure if it’s worth the effort?
You may know all the basic website information. You may have been inspired by some great websites as you put yours together. But when you look at your site now, it’s just not quite there. At least, you think it’s not. But you’re not certain.
Here’s how to know for sure that your site needs a makeover. If these sound like you, read on to learn how to take advantage of the free resource I have for you.
1. You haven’t done anything to improve the appearance of your site in three years or more
Three years is an eternity in “Internet years.” Styles change, and your visitors’ expectations do, too.
This doesn’t mean you need to do a complete overhaul of your site’s appearance, but if you haven’t touched it in three years, it might be time to tweak it and bring it up to date.
2. You’re embarrassed to send people to your site
This one’s a dead giveaway.
Your website should be the central “hub” of your marketing efforts. It’s the first stop your prospects make when they want to find out more about your business. And that applies whether your business is online or offline.
If you don’t feel great about sending people to your site, it’s time to redesign it.
3. You have amazing business ideas that you haven’t acted on because “your site’s not ready yet”
It’s the blessing/curse of the entrepreneur. We have more ideas than we have time to implement them.
But what if it’s not a lack of time that’s holding you back? What if it’s the lack of a great website that makes you feel like you can’t get that profitable new idea off the ground?
When your site’s in order, everything can build on that strong base.
4. You know in your gut that your website pales in comparison to your competitors’ sites
Competitive research is a cinch these days. In a few clicks, we can see who our prospects are comparing our businesses to.
If you’re not happy with the comparison — if you know your business isn’t holding its own — carve out some time to redesign your site.
5. Your visitors navigate away within a few seconds
When you can’t seem to keep website visitors on your site, there’s a problem. 10 seconds isn’t enough time to read anything! You want visitors to linger, click around, and discover everything your site has to offer.
If that’s not happening now, it could be your website’s design that’s turning them off.
Ready for a redesign? (Or just getting started?)
Everyone aspires to have a website that’s both useful and beautiful. Join Wendy Cholbi and I for a free Brown Bag Webinar, The Elements of Website Style. We’ll show you how to make your site easy to use, and easy on the eyes.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this fast-paced presentation:
- 4 ways you might be losing site visitors in the first few seconds, and what you can do to “plug the leaks.”
- The basic principles of composition, and how to use them to keep your site visitors engaged.
- The 3 crucial elements every business website should feature (does yours?).
Add your name here, and I’ll send you the replay link for The Elements of Website Style.