Wondering how to create an email list that actually builds profits … not just names in a database?
Content upgrades are the answer.
Content upgrades are the perfect example of the 80/20 Rule in action.
The 80/20 rule, or Pareto Principle, states:
“Roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes.”
When it comes to how content upgrades can help you profit from your email list, I think it’s closer to 90/10.
Content upgrades are effective because they’re:
- Easy to create
- Irresistible to your audience
- Build highly targeted prospect lists
- Allow you to make offers that you know people want
Let’s get down to defining a content upgrade before we proceed.
A content upgrade is a small-but-valuable bit of information that you offer inside a larger piece of content.
The best content upgrades:
- Are easy to consume (and create)
- Offer tips, resources, or information that can be put to use immediately
- Complement and expand on the content where they’re featured
If that’s still not clear, later in this article you’ll find lots of content upgrade examples you can try for yourself.