It’s easy to make content marketing mistakes, especially when you’re first using online content to promote your business.
People like you and me — people who actually care about the audience we want to reach with our content — can come out winning when bad content marketing proliferates.
Because we know better.
Let’s start by looking at content marketing mistakes straight in the eye with an unflinching gaze …
The most common content marketing mistakes:
- Unfocused content that rambles on and on
- Content that looks like a big, unbroken “wall of text”
- Overtly promotional content that reads like a sales brochure
- “Lite” content that is too short on details to be useful
- Content that’s unoriginal or (even worse) boring
- Visually dull content with zero images of any kind
You’ve seen these mistakes. Maybe you’ve made them yourself from time to time.
Truth is, in 2020, it’s more challenging than ever to stand out online.
I believe bad content is a good thing for those of us who truly care.
You see, there’s a process of natural selection happening right under our noses online.
And those of us who take the time to learn a process for creating consistent, high-quality content that genuinely serves our audience?
We’re going to come out on top of the evolutionary heap.
Choose to avoid making content marketing mistakes
There are two types of people creating content on the internet today:
- People who create high volume, low-quality content. These people aren’t getting results the way they used to. And …
- People like you and me, who genuinely care about the audience we want to attract. We’re willing to put in some time and effort to create content that stands out.
I know you care.