Content creator friend, if you wonder, “How long should a blog post be?” and your blog post length questions have you all stressed out, I need to ask you a BIG question.
Can we get real for a sec?
The only kind of content that works for your business is the kind that’s published.
Period, full stop.
The #realtalk about the ideal blog post length is this:
- Imaginary content doesn’t count
- Content plans, outlines, or first drafts won’t help you
- Your content strategy won’t do a thing until your planned content is live
In this article, we’re going to take three things into account:
- Your readers
- Your rankings
You may have written content to rank in search engines. You may have written blog posts with your readers in mind. But have you added yourself to the equation?
In the end, your content is:
- Created by you — and your health and wellbeing matter
- Consumed by your audience — your content should be thorough enough to meet their needs
- Found by your prospects — your content needs to rank in search engines so it’s found
We’re going to tackle these in reverse order, starting with the basics of writing content that gets found by the people you want to attract.