“Creative avoidance” is the worst brand failure of all.
Creative avoidance = A good way to stay busy getting nothing done
Creative avoidance happens to all of us, and if I hadn’t experienced it myself, I wouldn’t be able to write about it!
These branding decision seems like important work and that are — but if you are paralyzed by these decisions and don’t move forward, your business will suffer.
Brand failure in this case also means “failure to brand.”
And a brand that doesn’t exist can’t begin building brand equity and recognition for your business.
What’s really driving creative avoidance?
Creative avoidance is driven by fear. It’s fear of three things:
- Fear of failure
- Fear of success (which might be even scarier than failure)
- Fear of all the work you’ll need to do to grow your business once these branding decisions have been made
How to avoid brand failure, make branding decisions, and move past your fear
The solution to creative avoidance is to remember these three realities:
- SOME decision is always better than NO decision.
- Branding is not a life-or-death deal. Your business won’t sink or swim because your colors are a little off, or you haven’t combined fonts correctly.
- You can always tweak your brand in the future, or even overhaul it completely if it’s not working.
Have you experienced creative avoidance?
Does creative avoidance sound like something that’s happened to you before? Are you dealing with it now?
Watch the video above so you can avoid brand failure. Most past the fear, make a few basic branding decisions, and keep growing your business!